As of June 8, I officially changed jobs moving from the software logistics industry to finance. It sounds like a major leap, but it isn't because I'm doing the same work...Marketing/Public Relations. I just get to do a lot more of it now and I'm incredibly excited about it!
My previous position consisted of writing press releases and case studies, and media relations; most of which was starting to be handed off to an agency. Now, I get to write press releases, develop web content, create marketing campaigns and actually design various advertisements and marketing materials. I'm also further developing the public relations process with media relations and social media participation. It's really exciting!
Jon took his first test toward his CFA the same weekend and is anxiously awaiting his results (which can take up to 90 days). Yeah! Only two more tests to go over the next year and a half.
We just purchased a new computer, so hopefully we can update the blog a bit more frequently. The poor thing just died and there was nothing we could do to save it. We're trying to figure out how we can save the data without spending a fortune.
Now that we're in July, I'd like to first say Happy Independence Day. It really isn't that much fun being outside watching fireworks in Arizona. It's still well over 100 degrees even after 9:00 at night. But we endured and were able to enjoy a great fireworks display and celebrate our country's Independence Day with flying colors.
Hope everyone had a good holiday as well!




No comments:
Post a Comment