Quick Update (now with photos)

First of all, I am so very sorry it has taken me so long to update our blog! I will do better; I promise!

Here's a quick rundown of the last five months. Seriously, FIVE months?!! I'm sooo sorry!

January: As you already know, Jonathan's birthday was celebrated in January. One of his gifts was a remote control airplane. Here are some photos of the maiden voyage:


After Jonathan's birthday and I recovered from strep throat, we enjoyed celebrating Jon's sister's (Kerri) birthday. Then we lost ourselves in work.

February: We celebrated a few more family birthdays including Jon's dad's on Ground Hog's Day and then my mom's later that month.


We did of course do the Valentine's Day thing...very low key. I'm just not an assorted chocolates kind of girl. Jon of course surprised me with flowers. What a romantic. Work started getting crazy as the global user group conference neared.

March: We celebrated our two-year anniversary. Instead of going someplace exotic, we stayed at a local resort for an extended weekend. I definitely recommend it! We weren't pressured to go see the sites, because we already knew what was all around. The resort had plenty of restaurants to choose from, various pools, entertainment and lets not forget about room service. Jon even surprised me with a couple's massage at the resort spa. It was fantastic! Mad, crazy work then ensued.

We also went to the Wildlife World Zoo with some friends. It was so much fun feeding the animals and watching the crazy monkeys!


March also included Misty's senior trumpet recital. We all headed down to Tucson to hear her fantastic performance. All of us, except for mom and dad who were partying it up in Paris. Misty entertained us with her professional talents. Congratulations Misty! You can now graduate...in December ;o)


April: More family birthdays to celebrate, including our brother in-law Mac (be sure to visit their blog, they are much better at updating it than we are. Oh wait, that's because Alisa doesn't have a real job yet and can update it whenever she wants. Tee Hee! Love ya!).

My work's annual global user conference took place in Washington, D.C. where I was able to meet Sam Donaldson, our keynote speaker. It was crazy busy, so I was unable to see any of the other sites. I only caught a glimpse of the Washington Memorial, Jefferson Memorial and the Pentagon on my way to the airport.

May: And here we are in May, nearly coming to an end already. Again, filled with family birthdays including my father's, my favorite uncle Gary's (only two days apart) and my favorite cousin's birthday.

The other highlights from May is that it is a Movie Madness Month! I think I've seen a new movie every weekend this month. It first started the last week of April actually, when we saw "The Soloist." It was a slower-paced movie, but the acting was excellent. The next weekend we saw "Wolverine." Yummy...is all I have to say about that. Soon after that, we saw "Star Trek." We both loved it so much we actually saw it twice that weekend. I could go on and on about how great it was, but I'll spare you. This last weekend we watched "Angels and Demons." It was enjoyable; not as good as the book, but that was expected. Now I just have to decide which movie we'll see this weekend. Any recommendations?

More importantly though, last weekend we were able to celebrate our brother in-law's graduation from medical school. Congratulations Ryan!

Hope everyone is doing well and I hope to keep you updated more frequently.

Later!

3 comments:

Mac and Alisa said...

Hey I do work, and I am busy, I just choose to procrastinate by updating by blog because the internet is so addicting, like now, I should be studying for my exam next week that I have had 5 weeks to study for but havent even started. I am a pro at procrastination. Love you. Glad you finally updated! See you tomorrow :)

Chad and Stephanie said...

Your alive!!!!!! Good to see your still blogging. I know can you believe kalebs hair. It is crazy curly and he has tonz of it. When are you coming to utah again. you need to come and visit.

Potters said...

Your like me, I have a hard time keeping up with this thing. But thanks for the up date! We need to hang out. We are back in our place so you guys need to come see it! It's not much, but its home Ü Glad to hear your doing well!